Thursday, October 20, 2011

First Personal Technology Project

I have completed my first personal technology project. I created a webquest using zunal.com


The lesson I created on the webquest fits into the USOE core curriculum under standard 4, objective 3.
Here's the link to my webquest. I hope you like it.

Zunal Webquest


The whole experience of making the webquest was surprisingly easy. I didn't find difficulty in doing anything. The website gave step by step instructions on what should be included on each page. I have found that webquests are such an awesome way to gather multiple resources of information into one location for students to access. In addition, it gives the students a more interactive way to learn the material, than the traditional method of lecturing from the teacher. Webquests also provide a means for teachers to just have fun with the students. I tried to organize mine into a mini "mission" for the "agents" to complete. This would definitely engage students a little more. I would definitely not hesitate to use another webquest in my teaching.


I think Utah core curriculum standard 2, objective 1 and standard 3, objective 1 would both be good areas to consider webquests. Those two obectives just include so much information. Being able to provide the students with various methods of learning the material would be important in these cases. 


Well, I hope you enjoyed what you saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment